The Whitney Jewellery School has launched its Micro-Pave stone setting and Diamond Setting course. Our bench layout is state of the art, with comfortable adjustable armrest position and GRS Acrobat headrest. The Acrobat provides stable and comfortable stone setting while using the microscope and the GRS Gravermax G8 with quick-change stainless steel hand piece.
This course is suitable for beginners to advanced setters, as we will tailor it to your individual needs. Our Micro-Pave stone setting course is perfect if you are a goldsmiths or jewellery maker who wishes to expand their skills to include micro-pave stone setting.
You will be taught how to use HSS and carbide gravers, this will include sharpening and polishing your gravers to a mirror finish using diamond discs. Using the microscope you will gain insight into micro pave setting, which will include pre-bright cut (stones set in afterwards-swiss style), bright cut with stones in place and channel setting.
- Beginners to Advanced stone setters
- Course tailored to your individual needs.
- Goldsmiths or Jewellery makers who wish to expand their skills to include micro-pave stone setting.
- GRS Acrobat headrest.
- GRS Gravermax G8 with quick-change stainless steel hand piece.
- Setting using the graver ball or GRS benchmate system.
- HSS and carbide gravers (sharpening and polishing).
- Pave setting on square, triangular and round shapes
- Pre-bright cut (stones set in afterwards-swiss style).
- Bright cut with stones in place.
- Bead and grain finishing.
- Channel setting.
- A selection of setting patterns exclusive to the Whitney Jewellery School (line, circle and channel).
- Three course day in duration.
- Course is £690.00 inclusive.
- Only two students at any one time for full attention during tuition.
- To book any course, please ring 01652 654036.